Skill level: beginner to advanced.
In this polymer clay and resin tutorial I explain how to make two sets of faux lampwork glass beads with abstract design and dimensional round dots. The color schemes and designs I offer in this tutorial are created to closely resemble some of the typical patterns seen in the real lampwork beads. These designs are just an example of the possibilities of this technique.
“Even a beginner can create great beads with this teacher!” Julie (California, USA)
This tutorial includes:
- Detailed list of materials, including information about the brands and the best places where to buy these materials;
- Complete list of tools needed to finish this project;
- Fifteen pages of detailed step-by-step explanations how to make two sets of beads with two different patterns;
- Additional notes and tips to guide you though this project;
- More than thirty big full-color pictures showing every step.
The first two pictures on this page show the bead sets described in this tutorial. The last two pictures demonstrate the possibilities of the techniques explained in this tutorial. Place a mouse over the small pictures to see them enlarged.
If you need instructions for working with two-part epoxy resin, please refer to my detailed step-by-step tutorial How to use EnviroTex Lite or ICE resin
Example Pages from Faux Lampwork Beads Polymer Clay Tutorial