Skill level: beginner to advanced.
Follow this tutorial to obtain the perfect crackled metal leaf effect on polymer clay. What do I mean when I say that?
That is simple. I mean: "pretty and durable". In other words, the colors shall be as vivid as possible and they shall stay that way for a very long time.
As you can see, the colors in my metal leaf creations are really bright, the surface is clear and has a nice domed shape, and the entire piece is smooth like glass.
“Brilliant tutorial. Managed to produce really beautiful beads first time round!” Margaret (United Kingdom)
This polymer clay and resin tutorial includes:
- Detailed list of materials, including information about the brands and the best places where to buy these materials;
- Complete list of tools needed to finish this project;
- Thirteen pages of detailed step-by-step explanations how to work with metal leaf, how to obtain the crackled effect, and how to color it;
- Twenty five big full-color pictures showing every step;
- Step-by-step instructions explaining how to make the necklace shown at the left (as well as how to make a pair of matching earrings for this necklace).
The first two pictures on this page show the bead sets described in this tutorial. The last two pictures demonstrate the possibilities of the techniques explained in this tutorial. Place a mouse over the small pictures to see them enlarged.
If you need additional instructions for working with two-part epoxy resin, please refer to my detailed step-by-step tutorial How to use EnviroTex Lite or ICE resin
Example Pages from Perfect Crackled Metal Leaf on Polymer Clay Tutorial