Skill level: beginner to advanced.
Back-filling is a well-known and loved polymer clay technique. Using Wonder Stamps
for this technique will let you take it to the new heights.
With a polymer-covered business card case as an example project, this tutorial contains 16 pages of detailed step-by-step instructions and 35 big full-color pictures to help you learn:
- how to easily create elaborate grooves for back-filling with very thin lines and with lines varying in their width,
- how to use multiple Wonder Stamps within one project,
- how to fill up the obtained grooves with different colors,
- how to achieve color gradation for this technique,
- how to cover the lid of a business card case with polymer clay,
- how to give your finished project a beautiful smooth finish.
A comprehensive list of tools and materials for this project and the best places to buy them are also provided, as always.
To complete this project, you will need to build at least one Wonder Stamp
. Instructions for making these stamps can be found in a separate tutorial Wonder Stamps for Polymer Clay
. The back-filling tutorial does not explain how to make the Wonder Stamps; only how to use them for this particular technique.
The first two pictures on this page show the project described in this tutorial, and the last two demonstrate possible variations of this technique. Place a mouse over the small pictures to see them enlarged.
Example Pages from Tutorial Back-Filling with Wonder Stamps