Skill level: beginner to advanced.
These sculpted polymer clay flowers are about 1" to 2" in diameter, which makes them ideal for pendants, pins, beads, hair ornaments, and more.
This step-by-step tutorial shows how to sculpt three types of orchids (cattleya, phalaenopsis, and dendrobium) from polymer clay. You will learn how to create beautiful color gradations and life-like petals – all of it using only polymer clay, your own hands, and a couple of simple tools. There are no molds, stamps, or forms of any kind involved in making these orchids.
This tutorial includes:
- Detailed list of materials;
- Complete list of tools needed to finish this project;
- Nineteen pages of detailed step-by-step instructions for free-hand sculpting of three different types of orchids;
- Additional notes and tips to guide you though this project;
- Nearly fifty big full-color pictures showing every step.
Place a mouse over the small pictures to see them enlarged.
Example Pages from Sculpted Polymer Clay Orchid Beads Tutorial